Maybe you wonder what is the key for the vitamins that you need for the health of your eyes and protection of your eyesight. The first step is a healthy diet, fruits, and vegetables, but not processed. Keep the antioxidants in your food by eating them right after washing and cutting. Moreover, cook them on a low temperature to avoid destroying the delicate phytonutrients. In addition, try to buy organic, fresh vegetables and fruits. That way you will get the biggest concentrations of vitamins and the lowest concentrations of pesticides and other toxic chemicals.
Here are the foods that are the key to healthy eyes:
- Carrots and carrot juice;
- Green leafed vegetables, such as kale, spinach,
- Broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage;
- Citrus fruits, such as oranges, grapefruit,
lemon, and lime;
- Sweet potatoes;
- Eggs, including the yolk
- Papaya, mango, kiwi, melon;
- Red peppers;
- Walnuts and seeds, such as sunflower, sesame,
hazelnut, almond, Brazilian nuts etc.;
- Sea food, omega-3 food and food rich in zinc,
such as salmon, mackerel, sardine, herring, tuna etc.
If you liked this post share it with your friends and