A great 15 minute workout with 5 amazing big bum exercises!
Jumping lunges are another great variation to work on some explosive strength and variety!
1. Stand with your feet hip width apart. Place your hands on your hips.
2. Step forward with one leg, lowering down on the other until your knee almost touches the floor. Your front foot should be directly below your knee.
3. Push up explosively off of your front foot, trusting your knee upwards and pushing upwards off your back leg to jump into the air.
4. Whilst in the air, swap your legs over so you land into a lunge on your other foot.
5. Repeat with the other leg.
The hover lunge is a killer modification of the lunge. This bodyweight exercise is very challenging, but if mastered, it’s one of the best big bum exercises!
1. Stand on one leg, bending your opposite knee and having that foot out behind your body.
2. Squeeze your core and your quads. Extend your arms forward as you bend your straight leg. At the same time, extend your opposite leg behind you, keeping your knee bent.
3. Lower down until your knee is an inch or two off the ground.
4. Slowly straighten the leg you’re standing on, bringing your arms and other leg in at the same time for stability. This is one rep. Take your time, this is a difficult move and stability is difficult!
5. Repeat on the other leg.
Squats are a key exercise for working your whole body, so getting the basics right is important for developing those curves!
1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, or slightly wider, with your toes slightly pointing outwards. Make sure your spine is in a straight, neutral position. Make sure your weight is through your heels.
2. Squeeze your leg and core muscles as you lower your body downwards, putting your hands out infront of you for balance if needed. Lower yourself until your butt is an inch or two off the ground. Hold for 1-2 seconds.
3. Continue to squeeze your leg and core muscles as you raise yourself up again. This is one rep.
1. Start on your hands and knees. Have your hands directly below your shoulders.
2. Squeeze your glute, kicking one leg backwards towards the sky with your knee bent, squeezing at the top for 2-3 seconds.
3. Slowly return the leg until you’re on both knees. This is one rep.
4. Repeat for the other leg.
One of the best big bum exercises!
1. Lie flat on your back with your arms at your side.
2. Bend your knees and place your heels on the floor.
3. Squeeze your glutes to lift your hips off the ground until your knees, hips and shoulders are all aligned. Hold for 2-3 seconds at the top.
4. Slowly release back down until your hips are on the floor. This is one rep.