This abs fitness workout blast is designed to hit your butt and gut, helping you shape your booty and reveal your abs!
Plank Glute Kickback
To mix in some glute exercises with your abs, as well as upping the difficulty, try some glute kickbacks.
1. Whilst in a standard plank position, tense your glutes one at a time, raising your leg slowly and holding for 2-3 seconds at the top.
2. As you’re resting on one less limb, the plank will become more difficult to hold also.
3. Repeating once with each leg is one rep for this exercise.
Side Plank Leg Raise
1. Lie on your side and place your lower forearm on the ground. Make sure your elbow is below your shoulder.
2. Either; stack your feet on top of each other, scissor them so both feet are on the ground, or place your lower knee on the ground (to make it easier).
3. Lift your hips up to get into the side plank position and brace your core muscles. Keep your spine and neck in a neutral position.
4. From the side plank position, tighten your outer thigh and glutes, raising your upper leg into the air. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
5. Return your leg to its initial position. This is one rep.
6. Repeat on the other side.
An essential move to grow big glutes!
1. Lie flat on your back with your arms at your side.
2. Bend your knees and place your heels on the floor.
3. Squeeze your glutes to lift your hips off the ground until your knees, hips and shoulders are all aligned. Hold for 2-3 seconds at the top.
4. Slowly release back down until your hips are on the floor. This is one rep.
Bench Leg Raises
Leg raises on a bench or other raised surface are great for this abs fitness because you can lower your legs further, allowing your lower abs to be more effectively targeted.
1. Sit at the end of a bench, resting on your coccyx bone.
2. Place your hands slightly behind you, or under your coccyx if you need support.
3. Keep your feet held together and lower them off the bench, keeping your legs straight.
4. Tense your abs, bringing your legs upwards whilst bending your legs until they form a 90 degree angle with your hips. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
5. Slowly release your legs, extending them outwards again to the starting position. This is one rep.
Sumo Squat Jumps
To accompany the close squat, the sumo squat variation helps you hit the insides of your legs more.
1. Stand with your feet wide enough so that they point outwards at a 45 degree angle. Make sure your spine is in a straight, neutral position. Make sure your weight is through your heels.
2. Squeeze your leg and core muscles as you lower your body downwards, use your hands for balance if needed. Lower yourself until your butt is an inch or two off the ground. Hold for 1-2 seconds.
3. Explosively squeeze your leg and core muscles to raise yourself up into a jump. Landing softly before slowly moving into your second squat. This is one rep.
The crunch is a great base to this abs fitness circuit!
1. Lie flat on your back.
2. Place your hands at the side of your head or flat beside you. Don’t pull on your head or neck.
3. Tense your abs to bring your torso off the floor, whilst at the same time using your abs to raise your legs into the air to complete the crunch.
4. Hold for 2-3 seconds before returning to a flat initial position. One crunch is one rep.